Please check it out and let me know what you think of it. Suggestion, feedback, comments are welcome (even if negative).
I have no coding experience at all. I decided to make this simple game for learning purposes and have been busy playing around with Unity and C# for the past month. Of course, this is just a simple project to get started. The ultimate goal is to make a full-blown platformer game (something like Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap which I love as a kid and still do). But I decided to stick with something small to start of with. And to learn how to release an app to the Google Play store as well.
As I do enjoy playing endless runner games (typically when I have few minutes to waste while waiting for public transport), I decided to make my own, but with a twist. Controlling 2 different characters at the same time, and even in different directions if desired.
Even for this game, it is still a work in progress. Some points that I already have in mind includes:
- more variety in the gameplay, it gets boring/repetitive pretty quickly
- perhaps the game starts of a bit too slow and takes a while to ramp up (but then again, I do get frustrated at times playing other endless runner games where I die after a few seconds)
- takes too much effort to unlock characters and unlock additional hearts
- score board integration so you can compare your high score with friends and other people (Google Play services)
- have some kind of achievements/goals other than just total score for the player to reach
- better character animations (regardless of whether they are running, jumping or landing), same with the in-game menus (but I figured getting the gameplay done was more important than anything else at this point)
Let me know if you have any others or how to make the game more interesting. I am also happy to share what I have learnt over the past few weeks as well, so any questions about the making of the game and/or what I have learnt are welcome as well. Enjoy.